It's the 1 year anniversary show!! It's also Hallowe'en, and we have some treats in store for you. We review some Orwell, learn how to run, and talk to Jonathan Edward Durham about his amazing book Winterset Hollow (jonathanedwarddurham.com). Also hear about TheDean!'s trip to Madrid to scour the local bookshops.
- Burmese Days (George Orwell, 1934)
- Coming Up For Air (George Orwell, 1939)
- You Don't Know Who You Are Until You've Gone Too Far (Leah Sackett, upcoming)
- Winterset Hollow (Jonathan Edward Durham, 2021)
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running (Haruki Murakami, 2007)
Remember you can get early access, plus all our bonus shows (Play Boys, Caper Captains, Forensic Friends, Music Men, Film Fellows, and more) at patreon.com/booksboys
PJ keeps it light-hearted, while TheDean! gets very annoyed with Jane Austen and Virgil. We also hear from the lovely Sandy Barker (sandybarker.com) as she chats about her books.
Remember you can get all our extra shows like Play Boys, Caper Captains, Forensic Friends, Interviews with musicians and more at patreon.com/booksboys
Books discussed include:
- Emma (Jane Austen, 1815)
- The Aeneid (Virgil, 19BC)
- Silas Marner (George Eliot, 1861)
- One Summer In Santorini (Sandy Barker, 2019)
- Pippi Goes On Board (Astrid Lindgren, 1946)
- Astrix and Obelix comics - Asterix and the Goths (1963)
Welcome to Episode 11! The Books Boys are back with another stacked episode!
PJ buys toilet paper, we get sued, we visit The Night Hunter, and of course, we review and recommend some Books!
Plus the amazing author Chrystyna Lucyk-Berger calls in to discuss her brand new book The Woman At The Gates, a World War 2 novel with a lot of her real family history included, which comes out 2nd September. (https://inktreks.com)
Remember you can get the show early and ad-free, plus get all our extra shows and hear our reviews of Shakespeare, Agatha Christie, movies, and more at patreon.com/booksboys
Books discussed include:
- Mansfield Park (Jane Austen, 1814)
- The Devils / The Possessed Fyodor (Dostoyevsky, 1871)
- Pippi Longstocking (Astrid Lindgren, 1945)
- The Woman At The Gates (Chrystyna Lucyk-Berger, 2021)
- The Anabasis / The March Up Country (Xenophon, 370BC)
- Lies (T.M. Logan, 2017)
TheDean! & PJ are back for Episode 10 of Books Boys!! Have you figured out what books are yet?
This month, TheDean!'s a die-hard romantic, and PJ goes through the looking glass. Plus we have TWO call-ins, one from the author Rev Aleeceha Pitts (aleecheapitts.com)and one from @secondhandbookman who tells the books boys about a rare Dickens story.
Remember, you can get early access, plus all the bonus shows, including Caper Captains (this month's will also feature secondhandbookman), Play Boys, Film Fellows, Interviews from the Vault, and more, for $3 or £2.50 a month at patreon.com/booksboys
Our sponsor: Norwood Investing LLC: https://form.typeform.com/to/WMozzGIN referral code: ALCI
Books discussed on this episode include:
- The Count Of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas, 1844)
- Lost Connections (Johann Hari, 2018)
- Misericordia (Benito Pérez Galdós, 1897)
- Alice in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll, 1865)
- Through The Looking-Glass (Lewis Carroll, 1871)
- Automated Alice (Jeff Noon, 1996)
- Behind Closed Doors (BA Paris, 2016)
- Zealot (Reza Aslan, 2013)
- San Miguel Bueno, Mártir (Miguel de Unamuno, 1931)
- Let It Go For Your Sake! Forgive! (Aleechea Pitts, 2018)
TheDean! chats with Michael pellegrino about his new site for authors theauthorsworld.com. Michael is a best selling author and a member of writers guild of America, also he is a Hollywood agent and has worked with the likes of The Four Tops, Ronnie McNeir, Larry Braggs, Ice-T, Coco. Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Hulk Hogan.
Video version: https://youtu.be/7AJZPhf2WnM